Review: The Courbet Connection (Genevieve Lenard #5) by Estelle Ryan

The Courbet Connection (Book 5) (Genevieve Lenard) - Estelle Ryan

An intriguing refreshing series.

What I liked: The characters in the Genevieve Lenard series make the story.  The mystery is developed but the characters are why I love this series.  Jenny has evolved and is still growing with each novel even when new characters are introduced.

The Courbet Connection flows very smoothly with each character getting their time in the spotlight. In addition with each new novel in the series, we learn more background on the individuals. We've a general idea who the bad guy is but all the "tie-ins" take you on a bit of a ride. Ms Ryan incorporates the mystery portion of each novel with a modern day spin.

In The Courbet Connection we are also introduced to a young man who I hope we see more of in future books.  He's basically a younger, male version of Jenny but of course with a different skill set.  I've never been so drawn in by a character, so quickly.

Ms Ryan's bad guys are very bad.  I didn't find or feel one redeeming quality in any of them. Their motivations are pure and evil.  They actually gave me the creeps and I wanted to take a shower after reading some of their exploits.

What I didn't like: I'm not sure if there's a specific thing I didn't like but it's more of a feeling.  This is the fifth book in the series and I feel like it's settling into a "groove".  This could be good or bad, depending on how the following novels develop.  No one wants to feel like they're basically re-reading the same novel with a different spin.

Overall, I still look forward to next in the series and can't wait to see how the characters grow and learn.

Recommended!!!

Source: http://www.justtalkingbooks.com/blog/review-the-courbet-connection-genevieve-lenard-5-by-estelle-ryan