Review: Fast Track (Buchanan-Renard #12) by Julie Garwood

Fast Track - Julie Garwood

I've always loved Cordelia and have been anxiously awaiting her story!

What I liked:  I know what I'm going to get when I read a contemporary romance by Julie Garwood.  A bit of mystery, a wonderful love story and a story to take me away for a while.  That's exactly what Fast Track did for me.  Was it on the edge of my seat thrilling?  No, but it was enough to keep me entertained for a couple of days.  After the last book in this series, I had some hesitance about continuing but my problem with the last book was I listened to the audio.  It was a huge disappointment.  Unless I know the narrator or vet the narrator before buying, I won't listen to one of my favorite authors on audio again.

You can expect many things from a Julie Garwood novel but one of my favorite things is the humor that's always present.  Also, an alpha male that constantly underestimates the heroine hits my good book buttons.  Cordelia has always been one of my favorites in this series and I'm so very glad she and Aiden get their happy ever after.

What I didn't like: Yes, Aiden is a bit overbearing but Ms Garwood almost always portrays her heroes this way.  I'm used to it at this point.  I got exactly what I expected from Fast Track.

Overall, a good read for Ms Garwood's fans.  I would love it if she wrote another historical romance.  I love her heroines in all of her historicals.  Don't start with Fast Track is my only advice.  Begin with the first in the series, Heartbreaker.  If price is a consideration, check it out of the library.

Recommended!

Source: http://www.justtalkingbooks.com/blog/review-fast-track-buchanan-renard-12-by-julie-garwood