Review: Runner (Sam Dryden #1) by Patrick Lee Releases: 18 February 2014

Runner - Patrick  Lee

This was a great NetGalley find.  I'd never read anything by this author before and was instantly drawn into the story.

What I liked:  Runner is the first in the Sam Dryden Series by Patrick Lee.  I can't wait for the next one.  As this one just released, I'm hoping it's not a long wait.  The whole scenario in Runner really makes you think.  With technology and medicine being what it is today, the storyline in Runner gave me chills.  Extremely well written and the characters are not only interesting but fully developed.  The relationship between Sam and Rachel was heartwarming.  I absolutely didn't figure this one out.  It was a see-saw battle on who the bad guy was.  The clues were there but subtle.

What I didn't like:  The ending.  Can't say anymore.  It gave you closure but I wanted more.

The prices are as follows:Kindle edition - $10.67.  Unbelievable.  I don't get the Kindle prices some publishers set.  The hard cover is $19.24.  The paperback will release November 25, 2014 and is priced at $8.99

Highly recommend for thriller fans.

Source: http://www.justtalkingbooks.com/1/post/2014/02/review-runnersam-dryden-1-bypatrick-lee-releases-18-february-2014.html