Corktown: Abby Kane Thriller

Corktown - Ty Hutchinson More like 3.5 Stars.

An okay thriller. I enjoyed it pretty much.

What I liked: I liked Abby's character. She's basically no nonsense and wants to get the job done. She's made a bit more interesting by her background and home situation. I enjoyed the idea and the development of the corruption involved in a major U. S. city. Ms. Hutchinson showed how once corruption starts, it's extremely hard to choke it off. Overall, a pretty good novel. Good enough that I'll check into the next in the series to see where it goes.

What I didn't like: I didn't quite understand why Abby was considered such a "hot shot" FBI agent just based on her previous work experience in Japan. There wasn't enough background provided as to why she was supposed to be so good. I would have liked more back story on her. Maybe that's coming in future books, I hope.

I like a good thriller and this was one that kept my interest buy didn't overwhelm me. I could put it down when I wanted and pick right back up.

I got Corktown on sale for $.99 and that's a great buy. Currently it's $2.99 on Kindle. The paperback is definitely not a good buy at $12.59.