Deception Cove (A Rainshadow Novel)

Deception Cove - Jayne Castle 3.5 Stars

Ms Castle's novels are quick, easy, fun reads for me. After having read several intense, intricate books this week, I needed a palate cleanser. Deception Cove was just the one.

What I liked: I don't think anyone writes paranormal romances like Ms Castle. The world building is intricate but not overly complicated. Just go with the flow and you'll enjoy it. There's humor, mystery and a bit of the unknown. It all works together to draw you in but keep you satisfied. I enjoyed the heroine, Alice, and the hero, Drake. Ms Castle's leading ladies are strong individuals with obstacles to overcome and the leading man is there to help them. The couple work as a team. Plus, I LOVE dust bunnies. By the way, there is a major scene with lots of information about dust bunnies. You don't want to pass it up, do you?

What I didn't like: Having read so many of Jayne Castle, Jayne Ann Krentz, and Amanda Quick novels, I know the formula. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I work my reading around what I know the books will provide.

I enjoy the Harmony novels and now, Ms Castle has added another layer on the Harmony world. You could read this as a stand alone but again, you will miss all the wonderful world building and characters that make each novel unique.

If you want quick, easy paranormal reads, this author and series is for you.