The Hit

The Hit - David Baldacci A great addition to the Will Robie Series. The Hit begins not too long after the ending of The Innocent.

What I liked: The stability of the characters. In other words, a few characters are introduced but the core group is the same that you met in The Innocent. It was pretty easy to keep track of who was where and what they were doing. I genuinely enjoyed the Jessica Reel addition to the cast. She's a female version of Robie with trust issues as well. The beginning moves faster or maybe after The Innocent, I've become more familiar with Mr. Baldacci's writing style. The world building continues and is realistic, especially in light of the fact of everything happening in the Middle East. Robie continues to grow in all aspects of his character.

What I didn't like: This is nitpicking but I figured out "the bad guy" too quickly. I believe any thriller reader would be able to do the same. The reasoning for the bad guy is sound and believable. I wanted more Julie storyline but it really didn't have a large opening to be a part of the story.

Highly recommend this series and look forward to the next in the series.