Blood Love (God Wars, #4)

Blood Love (God Wars, #4) - Connie Suttle 4.25 Stars

What a shocker in the latest installment of the God Wars Series. Ms. Suttle will chew you up and spit you out in Blood Love. All I could say when I finished was, "NO!!!!!". Connie's response per twitter was, "oops".

What I liked: Having read all the books in all the different series of Ms Suttle's book world, I thought I knew what to expect. You get an action packed story with loving, accepting heroines usually with said heroine in some dire straits at the end. I got all that in Blood Love except the ending. That's as much as I can say but you too will be yelling at the end.

I can't say enough good things about the character development, world building and cohesiveness of the writing. Recognizing an Indie author for the editing is high praise and well deserved in all Connie's books. How she keeps all the characters straight without messing up is beyond me.

What I didn't like: There are soooo many characters in Connie's books. So many, in fact, I find it very hard to remember who's who. I read her books with the glossary from her website open in my browser. Don't get me wrong, I love all the characters but if they weren't all necessary, I would be frustrated by trying to remember them all. That's the thing, they ARE all needed to make the books what they are.

Yes, I'm a fan of all Connie's books but that doesn't mean that they are for everyone. They are intricate and the female leads aren't necessarily the take charge, kick butt females of most of today's novels. They are more subtly written with their own qualities that draw you in.

Still in shock at the ending!! Can't wait until December to see what Ms Suttle has in store for her readers and fans.