The Dante Connection (Genevieve Lenard, #2)

The Dante Connection (Genevieve Lenard, #2) - Estelle Ryan I am really enjoying this series. It's so completely different from what I've been reading.

What I liked: Genevieve (Jen) is a complex and interesting character. Her autism adds a dimension to her character and the story that is fascinating to me. Her relationships in this second entry have made her re-think her solitary existence. I just love all the characters in this series and in The Dante Connection we learn a bit more about each one. The relationship between Colin and Jen is so complex but yet simple. This novel has the same cast of characters with few additions, which makes it easier to become invested in each one. I can't wait to learn more about each of them.

The mystery/suspense portion of the book was well plotted and written. You know who the bad guy is but he's cunning and slippery. The way the group puts the puzzle pieces together is fantastic!

What I didn't like: There were a few areas of the story that seemed slow. I'm not sure if I was distracted by other things but several times, I just wanted Ms Ryan to get on with it.

Overall a great new find for my reading lists.

I felt the Kindle edition was a bit pricey at $5.99. If I hadn't read and loved the first in the series, I would have hesitated before spending that on an unknown (to me) author. The paperback is ridiculously expensive at $14.39.