Taste of Death (Healer, #3)

Taste of Darkness - Maria V. Snyder It feels like I've waited forever for the completion of Avry's story. What a story it is. I was lucky enough to get an ARC from NetGalley. So much is happening in this third installment that I found it hard to find good stopping places.

What I liked: Even though this is the conclusion of the Healer Series, the characters are still learning about not only their own powers but the powers of their assorted enemies. This kept the tension level high and the action continuous. I wanted to devour Taste of Darkness but I made myself savor it. I really enjoyed that hardly any of the actions by any of the characters were predictable. There are also many surprises. Ms Snyder has written a complicated, entertaining novel

What I didn't like: There were so many stories within stories that the ending seemed to come abruptly and wrapped up quickly. I would like to have seen a good epilogue.

This series will be on my recommend list for readers. It's extremely well done and while there is romance, it's more often inferred rather than described in explicit detail. I sincerely can't wait for the next adventure Ms Snyder invites us on.

The pricing is a bit on the high side for both the Kindle version at $8.49 and the paper back at $12.88. Some might have/need to wait for a sale or the prices to drop.

Highly recommend!!