Early Review: Fixed in Blood: A Justice Novel by T. E. Woods

Fixed in Blood: A Justice Novel - T.E. Woods

All I can say is "WOW". Ms Woods has really upped the ante in Fixed in Blood. I could not put it down!!

What I liked: What I really like about Fixed in Blood is how Ms Woods has progressed as an author. I've liked all the books but you can see a steady progression and growth of her writing and it just tickles me as a reader to be a part of that growth, just by reading her books. I've been lucky enough to receive an ARC of each of her books (through NetGalley) and now whenever she has a book on NetGalley, I receive a notification.

Fixed in Blood is my favorite book in this series so far. There's action, feelings (good and bad, happy and sad), small bits of humor mostly used to break some of the tension but most of all there is suspense with shocking results.

Mort Grant, Seattle Chief of Detectives, had cut Dr. Lydia Corriger, a gifted psychologist, and formerly "The Fixer" from his life due to his disappointment with her handling of his troubled adult daughter, Allie. While Mort and Lydia are the main characters there are a number of smaller cast of characters who add to the stories.

I was wondering how Ms Woods would get Mort and Lydia back together. To me, they have a special relationship and I was very distraught at the ending of the previous book, The Unforgivable Fix. The re-connection flows smoothly without a feeling of being forced. It fact, it was a surprise the way it was handled.

In Fixed in Blood, we learn more and more about Mort and his history. I love how the author handles the information. It's not an info dump but fits seamlessly into the story. Now, Lydia, on the other hand, is still much of a mystery. If you don't connect with her character from the first book, she could seem almost one dimensional. She's so much more! I hate that personally she's almost cut off from any "normal" relationship. That's why I felt so strongly at the ending of the previous book.

Wow, I am going on and on aren't I? That should tell you something. I can't say too much about the plot except what's in the synopsis because no spoilers from me! I will say, I'm an avid suspense/thriller/mystery reader and am not often fooled by an author's red herrings, boy was I fooled. A couple of times, I grasped at a few clues only to find them disintegrate into nothing.

What I didn't like: This has absolutely nothing to do with the book or the author but is more of a note to readers.  I knew this was the fourth book in this series but no where on Goodreads, Amazon or Barnes and Noble, would a browser know this. I guess the biggest problem is Goodreads. The first two books in the series,The Fixer and The Red Hot Fix are listed as the Mort Grant series but the third book, The Unforgivable Fix and this book, the fourth are listed as Justice League novels. It could be very confusing to a reader and these books MUST be read in order. If you click on Ms Woods Amazon author page, it shows one book, The Fixer and none of the others. It does show the other books if you go to the Kindle store. I guess either Ms Woods or her publicist or someone needs to straighten all that out to ensure the reader can find all the books and the order to read them. I very rarely go to author's webpages unless I'm closely following them.

Overall, an fantastic, suspenseful, and surprising read. If you love mysteries, thrillers, or suspense novels, you need to read this series!!

I received an free ARC from NetGalley for a fair and honest review.

Highly Recommended!!!!!

Source: http://www.justtalkingbooks.com/blog/early-review-fixed-in-blood-a-justice-novel-by-t-e-woods